Safety & Sustainability
Safety Is Our Priority
Safety is the first of ACL's core values and our number one operating priority. We are committed to the safety of people, the environment, and our customers' cargoes.
ACL is proud to provide a safer course for our customers. Barges are the safest form of transportaton, with fewer spills and injuries than railroads or trucks. ACL leads the industry in safety performance, and we have extensive experience and expertise in safely transporting valuable dry and liquid cargoes.
Not content to merely meet our customers' vetting requirements, ACL is committed to exceeding them. Our National Director, Marine Assurance and Vetting is focused on third-party vetting of vendors and works directly with the marine assurance teams of our liquids customers.
ACL partners with and participates in industry and government programs that foster continuous improvement in safety performance with expanded resources, standardized measurements, reporting requirements, and proven management systems.
- Member of the American Chemistry Council's Responsible Care Partnership Program
- Certified by the American Waterways Operators' Responsible Carrier Program
- Partnership wtih the U.S. Coast Guard
- Enrollment in the Coast Guard's Tank Barge Streamlined Inspection Program
- Host of a bridging program to educate Coast Guard members on the inland barge transportation industry
- Implementation of Crew Endurance Management